Old 01-09-2011, 05:39 PM
"Doll, Margaret Ann"

Default Problems installing RH 6.0

I am having problems installing the RH 6.0 i386.

1. If you miss enabling the network during the installation process, you
create a problem for yourself. With the installation of a server, why would
you ever have the network not enabled? Second, when you try to add an ip
address, gateway, netmask, you never only get a Cancel choice at the
bottom. Why?

2. Next I installed the minimal video display, but I want to change to a
gdm screen. There is no /usr/X directory on my system, so gdm and startx
won't run. I have installed xorg-x11-xdm and xorg-x11-server-Xorg. What
other packages do I need?

3. I am getting dbus errors after adding package via yum. I also cannot
restart messagebus.

service messagebusrestart
Starting system message bus: Unknown username "rtkit" in message bus
configuration file
Unknown username "haldaemon" in message bus configuration file
Unknown username "pulse" in message bus configuration file
Unknown username "avahi" in message bus configuratio file
Failed to start message bus: Could not get UID and GID for username "dbus"

How do I solve this problem?

Thanks for any help.