Old 01-08-2011, 11:17 PM
derleader __

Default Red Hat network

Hi,

I have a question about RHN.

I want to create a small network just like RHN and Oracle Unbreakable Network for private updates of several systems with serial key subscriptions. Where I can find how exactly RHN and up2date works. I know that they are GPL licensed and there is open source alternative to RHN - Spacewalk the missing key is how up2date and RHN works.

Regards

Old 01-10-2011, 04:18 AM
"white.heron white"

Hi all,
Check the following uniform resource locator
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~gerald/ftp/autoupdate/. It can be run as a cron
job and completely auotomates the download and installation of rpm updates. It
has the added benefit of being able to draw from more than just the Redhat ftp
repository. For example, instead of updating KDE from Redhat, I have autoupdate
setup to keep KDE updated from KDE's ftp site. Thank you,

Regards,

Mohammad Adli B MT Tajudin
B-16-22, No,1, Flora Damansara, Jalan PJU 8/9,
Damansara Perdana,
47820 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.

H/p number: 017-2686339
Email: white.heron@yahoo.com

Old 01-10-2011, 02:12 PM
derleader mail

Thank you very much!
Best wishes!

Is this the software used by RHN to update client OS?