Old 01-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Paul Crittenden

Default Increasing SAN disk size

We have a server running RHEL 5.5 which has a SAN disk LUN presented to it. We need to increase the size. I have done this with Windows but never with Linux. Can someone please help me with this?

Paul Crittenden
Computer Systems Manager
Simpson College
Indianola, Iowa
Phone: 515-961-1680 * optional: 515-961-1681
www.simpson.edu

Old 01-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Eugene Vilensky

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Paul Crittenden
<paul.crittenden@simpson.edu> wrote:
> We have a server running RHEL 5.5 which has a SAN disk LUN presented to it. We need to increase the size. I have done this with Windows but never with Linux. Can someone please help me with this?

Might want to practice before doing it first time in production...It's
fairly straight forward if you are familiar with each individual piece
of the storage stack. It's not /quite/ as simple as "select volume 1;
extend."

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Online_Storage_Reconfiguration_Guide/index.html