Old 01-05-2011, 06:11 AM
raj sourabh

Default Redhat cluster

Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding FTP. Is FTP cluster aware service??

I have created Redhat cluster(2node) with conga. GFS is configured and
mounted on both the nodes. Now when gfs services die on any one of the node,
failover is taken care by redhat cluster to other node .

Can I configure FTP services in similar way?? I have read many technical
documentation in this regard. Most of them say Piranha cluster(LB) to be
used for FTP fail over..

Does this mean Redhat cluster can not handle FTP redundancy??

Thanks and regards,

Raj

Old 01-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Adam Miller

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 11:11:27AM +0400, raj sourabh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a doubt regarding FTP. Is FTP cluster aware service??
>
> I have created Redhat cluster(2node) with conga. GFS is configured and
> mounted on both the nodes. Now when gfs services die on any one of the node,
> failover is taken care by redhat cluster to other node .
>
> Can I configure FTP services in similar way?? I have read many technical
> documentation in this regard. Most of them say Piranha cluster(LB) to be
> used for FTP fail over..
>
> Does this mean Redhat cluster can not handle FTP redundancy??

Red Hat Cluster Suite is capable of handling FTP as a failover services,
you just need to configure it to do so. If you are running Luci/Ricci
then you can use the web UI to easily configure the FTP service of your
choice to be failed over and how you want that accomplished.

This should help:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html-single/Cluster_Administration/index.html#s1-add-service-conga-CA

-AdamM