Old 12-01-2010, 07:57 AM
ESGLinux

Default question about RHEL 6 and RHEV

Hi all,

I have installed RHEL 6 to see what is new and what has dissapeared (What?
there is not pirut!!!)

And now I have a question, RHEL 6 is compatible with RHEVM 2.2?

this is what you get in the documentation:

A host is a physical 64 bit server with the Intel VT or AMD-V extensions
running any of the following:
• Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4 AMD64/Intel 64 version (exclusively for
systems that have been
upgraded from Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 2.1)
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5 AMD64/Intel 64 version

This doc is before RHEL 6 was released so, I don´t know if it is still
valid.

Anyone knows?

Thanks in advance,

ESG

Old 12-01-2010, 08:14 AM
aditya hilman

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 3:57 PM, ESGLinux <esggrupos@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Hi all,
>
> I have installed RHEL 6 to see what is new *and what has dissapeared (What?
> there is not pirut!!!)
maybe you could install pirut manually

> And now I have a question, RHEL 6 is compatible with RHEVM 2.2?
if you mean RHEVM 2.2 can running on RHEL 6, absolutely not.
RHEVM still running on windows server, and RHEVM 2.2 running on
windows server 2008

But if you mean RHEL 6 is compatible with RHEV, i think yes.

> this is what you get in the documentation:
>
> A host is a physical 64 bit server with the Intel VT or AMD-V extensions
> running any of the following:
> • Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor
> • Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4 AMD64/Intel 64 version (exclusively for
> systems that have been
> upgraded from Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 2.1)
> • Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5 AMD64/Intel 64 version
>
> This doc is before RHEL 6 was released so, I don´t know if it is still
> valid.
>
> Anyone knows?

AFAIK it's still valid.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> ESG

Adit
http://simplyaddo.web.id
http://id.linkedin.com/in/adityahilman
ym : science2rule

Old 12-01-2010, 08:26 AM
ESGLinux

Hi,

Thanks for your answer,

What I exactly want to know is If I can use RHEL 6 as host/hypervisor and
join to the hosts in the Manager.

in the doc tells that a host must run RHEV-H, RHEL 5.4 or RHEL 5.5

Greetings,

ESG

Old 12-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Vincent Van der Kussen

Hi,

As far as i know, RHEL6 cannot be used as a hypervisor in RHEV.

Regards,
Vincent

Vincent Van der Kussen
System Engineer
direct: +32 3 369 01 93
Vincent.VanderKussen@btr-services.be

BTR Services
Groene Hofstraat 31
2850 Boom
Belgium
www.btr-services.be
tel: +32 3 450 89 80
fax: +32 3 450 89 89

- DISCLAIMER -
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for redhat-list@redhat.com. If you are not redhat-list@redhat.com, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify Vincent.VanderKussen@btr-services.be immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Vincent Van der Kussen therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:35 AM
ESGLinux

Thanks for your answer Vincent,

I´m trying to do it, but I´m failing with all my tries :-(

What I suposse I can do is to run RHEL 6 virtualized in a RHEL 5/RHEV-H

Can I?

Greetings,

ESG

Old 12-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Vincent Van der Kussen

Hi,

Yes you can virtualize RHEL6 on a RHEL5/RHEV-H environment.

I'm not sure if RHEL6 can be used as a Hypervisor node in RHEV 2.3 (I think it is).