Old 11-30-2010, 01:52 PM

Default FC14, and ati proprietary drivers

Ok, folks,

I just upgraded someone's box from FC12 to 14, and was trying to
rebuild the proprietary ATI video driver (the card's a Radeon HD 3600,
and no, no one's going to hit the budget for a new video card). I d/l
both ati_catalyst_10.7b_opencl1.1_linux_sep21.zip and
FirePro_8.773_Linux_105604.zip, and after grief trying to build the
newer, then the older, I looked in the docs, and they both seem to go
up to FC10 (even though they're both allegedly more recently updated).
I tried overriding them - they can't even correctly detect the
now-renumbered xorg (7.1.1 is now 1.9.1).

So, any clues on how to build the driver?

mark