Old 11-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Parvez Shaikh

Default pthread_mutex structure

Hi all,

I am trying to debug a deadlock which comes in my c program, I did
print on pthread_mutex variable in gdb and could see following members
in it -

__lock = <some number>,
__count = 0
__owner = <some number>
__nusers = <some number>
__kind = 0
__spins = 0
__list = {__prev = 0x0, __next = 0x0}},
__size = "0200000000000000=000001", ''
<repeats 26 times>,
__align = <some number>

Does anyone know meaning of these fields? Any pointers where can these
fields be written/documented?

Thanks