Old 11-22-2010, 04:51 AM
Piyush Arora

Default Locking type 1 initialisation failed

whenever i run command lvdisplay,pvdisplay,vgdisplay i got the error
Locking type 1 initialisation failed.please help me

--
piyush arora

Old 11-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Adam Miller

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:21:51AM +0530, Piyush Arora wrote:
> whenever i run command lvdisplay,pvdisplay,vgdisplay i got the error
> Locking type 1 initialisation failed.please help me

Had this issue the other day, was a bad filesytem (might not be the same
situation for you but that's what it was for me). Reboot into recovery
or snag a liveCD and run a fsck, should be good.

-AdamM