-   -   Locking type 1 initialisation failed (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/455875-locking-type-1-initialisation-failed.html)

Piyush Arora 11-22-2010 04:51 AM

Locking type 1 initialisation failed

whenever i run command lvdisplay,pvdisplay,vgdisplay i got the error
Locking type 1 initialisation failed.please help me

--
piyush arora

Adam Miller 11-22-2010 01:18 PM

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:21:51AM +0530, Piyush Arora wrote:
> whenever i run command lvdisplay,pvdisplay,vgdisplay i got the error
> Locking type 1 initialisation failed.please help me

Had this issue the other day, was a bad filesytem (might not be the same
situation for you but that's what it was for me). Reboot into recovery
or snag a liveCD and run a fsck, should be good.

-AdamM