-   -   Force Kickstart to one nic (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/455087-force-kickstart-one-nic.html)

Phil Savoie 11-19-2010 09:21 PM

Force Kickstart to one nic

Hi All,

I am in a situation where I need to be able to force a kickstart to many
machines of which some may have single or dual nic installed.

Any way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Dustin Larmeir 11-19-2010 09:43 PM

Force Kickstart to one nic

PXE boot will do the trick!

"Carl T. Miller" 11-19-2010 09:55 PM

Force Kickstart to one nic

I'm trying to remember the details from when I had this
problem about a year ago. Apparently the kickstart option
to select a nic doesn't work. As I recall I had to go into
the bios and set only one interface to be able to pxe boot.
I just don't recall if it worked at that point or if it
anaconda still gave the option to boot from both interfaces.

Matty Sarro 11-19-2010 10:07 PM

Force Kickstart to one nic

If I remember correctly there is an option along the lines of ksdevice=link
that can be used to specify the first nic with link. Wish I could be more
helpful am on a train.
-Matty

Vincent Van der Kussen 11-20-2010 05:53 AM

Force Kickstart to one nic

Ksdevice=ethx should work

send from my mobile device

Vincent Van der Kussen
System Engineer
direct: +32 3 369 01 93
Vincent.VanderKussen@btr-services.be

BTR Services
Groene Hofstraat 31
2850 Boom
Belgium
www.btr-services.be
tel: +32 3 450 89 80
fax: +32 3 450 89 89

- DISCLAIMER -
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for redhat-list@redhat.com, msarro@gmail.com. If you are not redhat-list@redhat.com, msarro@gmail.com, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify Vincent.VanderKussen@btr-services.be immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Vincent Van der Kussen therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.

"Kyle O'Donnell" 11-20-2010 04:17 PM

Force Kickstart to one nic

I've found the following to be the most reliable:

ksdevice=00:11:22:33:44:55

Phil Savoie 11-21-2010 11:20 PM

Force Kickstart to one nic