Old 11-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Nicosia Gaetano

Default About compat-libstdc++-33* installation

Hi to all,

I have installed RHEL 6. Because I must to install Oracle DB 11g, I need
the packages compat-libstdc++-33*

But when I run the command rpm -Uvh compat-libstdc++-33*, more errors
errors are displayed like this:

>> libc.so.6 necessary to compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-69.el6.i686

How can solve this problem ?

Thank You and Best Regards
Gaetano

Old 11-17-2010, 03:51 PM

Nicosia Gaetano wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I have installed RHEL 6. Because I must to install Oracle DB 11g, I need
> the packages compat-libstdc++-33*
>
> But when I run the command rpm -Uvh compat-libstdc++-33*, more errors
> errors are displayed like this:
>
> >> libc.so.6 necessary to compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-69.el6.i686
>
> How can solve this problem ?

yum update compat-libstdc++-33

rpm will *only* try to install the package you tell it to, or it will try,
if you give it an ansterisk, everything in a directory. yum tries to
resolve dependencies, and will d/l and install all.

mark