-   -   RHEL 6 questions (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/453450-rhel-6-questions.html)

lcf004 11-16-2010 06:06 PM

RHEL 6 questions

Couple quick questions I was hoping someone could answer for me:

Is RHEL 6 going to put out a boot.iso somewhere I can find it? I really
don't want to have to boot the full DVD up in order to do a network install.

Does anyone know if RHEL 6 supports installing on and booting from a GPT
disk?

Thanks!

--
Lincoln Fessenden
Jeff-IT Linux Systems Administrator

Matty Sarro 11-16-2010 06:21 PM

RHEL 6 questions

So far all I see for download is the v6 beta for x86/x86_64 on the red hat
customer support site. Not sure when/if an ISO for the general release will
be available.

Not clue about GPT, my google-fu is showing some people having luck with it,
but the vast majority not having luck. There is apparently a way to do it
though? Maybe someone else has more experience.

lcf004 11-16-2010 06:57 PM

RHEL 6 questions

Matty Sarro wrote:

So far all I see for download is the v6 beta for x86/x86_64 on the red hat
customer support site. Not sure when/if an ISO for the general release will
be available.

RHEL 6 was released last week. They are available now.

Not clue about GPT, my google-fu is showing some people having luck with it,
but the vast majority not having luck. There is apparently a way to do it
though? Maybe someone else has more experience.

Well, I Am about to find out for sure tomorrow morning :)