Old 10-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Yong Huang

Default Off-topic: Any list or web forum for Linux system

> it's been ages since I've followed any usenet groups, but I used
> to read comp.unix.programming (or was it comp.os.unix.programming)
> and also one on threads programming. they were relatively free of
> spam, at that time but I don't know their current status.

It's comp.unix.programmer:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.programmer/topics
and comp.programming.threads:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.programming.threads/topics

They look just as spammy! There're web sites that archive Usenet
postings, filtering out spam messages probably manually. But since
non-spammers are tired of spams, they simply quit and use web forums
instead, or the old mailing lists, whatever is managed by a human.
Whoever invented Usenet probably never have thought of it.

Yong Huang