-   -   regarding BSD style init, and sys V style init, and what is the diference between the two (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/441128-regarding-bsd-style-init-sys-v-style-init-what-diference-between-two.html)

10-18-2010 11:26 AM

regarding BSD style init, and sys V style init, and what is the diference between the two

Dear Members,

Hello...!!

I just want to know the following-

1) What is BSD style init?
2) What is Sys V style init?
3) What are the differences between the two?

I tried searching in some search engine, but I could not find any thing precise, every explanations are very confused, and incomplete.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Amitesh Sahay