Old 10-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Uma Shankar

Default Yum Packages

I copied RHEL5 DVD in a folder for YUM Server configuration. I copied
2 other rpms in Server folder inside that folder, I issued createrepo
command again, still I could not get the new rpms listed in YUM
repository. What may the cause.

Uma Shankar

Old 10-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Adam Johnson

Did you give the Server directory as the path for createrepo or the
directory above. If you gave the server directory then the repodata will be
created there and you will need to have the server directory included in the
base url otherwise you will be using the repodata from the directory above.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Eugene Jansen van Rensburg

There should already be a repodata folder on the DVD

Copy the DVD content to a folder
add your other rpm files
run the createrepo command like this from the folder containing the
repodata folder
createrepo --update

--

Eugene Jansen van Rensburg
eMail: eugenejvr@gmail.com

"Quit is NOT an option"

Old 10-16-2010, 04:19 AM
Abhilash abhi

HI,

do createrepo --update. If that does not work,do createrepo -g
/var/ftp/pub/Server for creating the repo file again..then try accessing
that after yum cleanall and yum update. It should work...

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Eugene Jansen van Rensburg <
eugenejvr@gmail.com> wrote:

> There should already be a repodata folder on the DVD
>
> Copy the DVD content to a folder
> add your other rpm files
> run the createrepo command like this from the folder containing the
> repodata folder
> createrepo --update
>

> --
>
> Eugene Jansen van Rensburg
> eMail: eugenejvr@gmail.com
>
> "Quit is NOT an option"
>

> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:38, Uma Shankar <usofindia@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I copied RHEL5 DVD in a folder for YUM Server configuration. I copied
> > 2 other rpms in Server folder inside that folder, I issued createrepo
> > command again, still I could not get the new rpms listed in YUM
> > repository. What may the cause.
> >

> > Uma Shankar
> >
> > --

Abhilash