Old 10-08-2010, 03:39 PM
"Florez, Nestor"

Default RHEL Support question

People,

Red Hat 5 latest installation of PHP is version 5.1.6, now if I install PHP version 5.2 or later

does that mean that Red Hat will not support of my RHEL 5 installation?

Thanks,

Néstor J

Old 10-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Vincent Van der Kussen

Hi,

As far as I know, this is correct. Also custom compiled packages from the Red Hat sources are not supported.

Regards,
Vincent

Vincent Van der Kussen
System Engineer
direct: +32 3 369 01 93
Vincent.VanderKussen@btr-services.be

BTR Services
Groene Hofstraat 31
2850 Boom
Belgium
www.btr-services.be
tel: +32 3 450 89 80
fax: +32 3 450 89 89

- DISCLAIMER -
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for redhat-list@redhat.com. If you are not redhat-list@redhat.com, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify Vincent.VanderKussen@btr-services.be immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Vincent Van der Kussen therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:41 PM

Nestor,

Florez, Nestor wrote:

> Red Hat 5 latest installation of PHP is version 5.1.6, now if I install
> PHP version 5.2 or later
>
> does that mean that Red Hat will not support of my RHEL 5 installation?

I don't think they'd support that version of php. The o/s, on the other
hand, or any of the stuff that they do provide, I would expect them to
support.

mark

Old 10-11-2010, 11:07 PM
"Florez, Nestor"