Old 10-04-2010, 10:30 AM
aditya hilman

Default question about RHCE and next RHEL 6

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM, ESGLinux <esggrupos@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Im thinking about getting RHCE certification and I have the doubt about the
> certification when the next RHEL 6 will be out.
>
> if I take the certification now with RHEL 5.5, what happens with RHEL 6? is
> the certification valid or Ill need to take another exam to update the
> certification?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> ESG

if you take exam and get RHCE in RHEL 5, your certification still
valid in RHEL 6.
and you'll need take exam to update the certification when RHEL 7 release.

>From redhat FAQ :

17. For how long will my RHCE certification be considered current?
The validity period for all RHCEs and RHCTs is pegged to the release
of the Enterprise product commercially available at the time
certification was earned. RHCE and RHCT certifications are considered
current until Red Hat retires exams of the release following the
version on which your certification was earned. For example,
certificates earned on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 will be current
until August 31, 2007, the final date on which Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 4 exams will be offered. Note that Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
was released in March, months before the final retirement of the
version 4 exams.

To provide further clarification for earlier versions, Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 4 will remain current until Red Hat Enterprise Linux
5-based exams are retired, several months after the release of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 6. Certifications earned on Red Hat Linux 8.0 and Red
Hat Linux 9 are pegged to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, and hence are no
longer current.

While evidence suggests that RHCEs who stay professionally active can
evolve their skills in pace with new releases of Red Hat Enterprise
Linux technology, it is important for Red Hat to maintain a policy for
determining whether an RHCE or RHCT certificate can be considered
current. Thus, verification at Certification Central has always
included the version a certificate was earned on, and whether the
certificate is considered current or no longer current.

Adit
http://simplyaddo.web.id
http://id.linkedin.com/in/adityahilman

Old 10-04-2010, 11:23 AM
ESGLinux

Thanks for your answer,

I think Ill try to get the RCHE certification,

Greetings,

ESG