Old 09-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Georgios Magklaras

Default question about RHEV - Desktop

1)If you have already a thin client base installation or other Linux
or Windows workstations, the SPICE project page gives all the available
plugins.

http://www.spicespace.org/download.html

2)If you are in the process of designing/deploying a thin-client base,
have a look at the LTSP project:

http://www.ltsp.org/

I personally prefer Cobbler to setup PXE installed thin client solutions:
https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/

The tricky bit in a thin client installation is to make sure you install
the plugin (from 1) into the image. But these links will help you.

GM

George Magklaras
Senior Systems Engineer/IT Manager
Biotek Center, University of Oslo
EMBnet TMPC Chair

http://folk.uio.no/georgios

Tel: +47 22840535

Old 09-28-2010, 12:10 PM
ESGLinux

Thanks for your answer

Iīm in the 2) situation,

Iīm trying to install a the thin client using LTSP.

Iīm reading this:

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/RHEL5Server

Iīll tell you what Iīll get,

Greetings,

ESG

Old 09-30-2010, 08:17 AM
ESGLinux

Hi All,

Finally I have my thin client running but I have a strange problem.

When I try to access a virtual desktop using the spice-xpi pluggin I canīt
get the spice window. The desktop appears as If I was logged but I canīt see
the window.

If I acces with a Windows with Explorer 7, it works fine but with firefox I
canīt get it running.

perhaps is a security option, but I havenīt seen which one.

Any sugestion????

Thanks in advance,

ESG