Old 09-23-2010, 10:35 PM
"Allen, Jack"

Default Finding WWN of FC HBA

What is the best way to find the WWN of a Qlogic FC HBA?

I looked at /sys/class/fc_host/host1

node_name

and

port_name

which give numbers with the last digit being different.

Which one should I provide my SAN-Admin for them to setup things?

-------------------------
Jackson C. Allen
McKesson Provider Technologies
5995 Windward Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30005
(404) 338-2023
<mailto:Jack.Allen@McKesson.com> Jack.Allen@McKesson.com

copies of the original message.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:40 PM
"Geofrey Rainey"

I'm pretty sure the node name is the one you give him - this should be
the WWN number and should be something like a 16 bit number. I use the
SANSurfer utiltity for this because it's a nice java GUI which
explicitly defines what number means what. It's available for install
from HP's site.

Cheers.

online at tvnz.co.nz

Old 09-23-2010, 11:45 PM
"Northrup, Wilson"

"Best" is relative.

Try downloading scli from qlogic.com. It provides info, allows configuration/flash of your HBA from a small executable. This util can also provide some good detail about your storage. It is also easy to script.

Wilson Northrup

What is the best way to find the WWN of a Qlogic FC HBA?

I looked at /sys/class/fc_host/host1

node_name

and

port_name

which give numbers with the last digit being different.

Which one should I provide my SAN-Admin for them to setup things?

-------------------------
Jackson C. Allen
McKesson Provider Technologies
5995 Windward Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30005
(404) 338-2023
<mailto:Jack.Allen@McKesson.com> Jack.Allen@McKesson.com

copies of the original message.

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates Direct contact information
for affiliates is available at
for the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are
your system.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Matias Villarreal

systool -c fc_host -v or cat /proc/scsi/qla2xxx/# I dont remember very well but use TAB and # = number that Linux shows as the port.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Grzegorz Witkowski

Sorry, a little away from the subject, but the problem I found with
SunSurfer was that the driver from qlogic was not updated along with new
kernel update. So I use a native kernel module ql2xxx.