Old 09-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Nicosia Gaetano

Default RHEL5 performance

Hi to All,

this is my "scenario".

1) I have a Server Poweredge Dell T100 with RHEL5 installed;
2) This Server is new and the hardware has been tested;
3) On this Server I have installed Oracle DB 11g R2;

I am connected to Server through Client in a little home Intranet, and
all work without problems.

But I realize that, in a short time, the server response time grow
greatly, and there is a remarkably deterrioration of performance and I-O.

Often, I must restart the server.

Someone has an idea o suggestion for me ?

Best Regards
Gaetano

Old 09-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Barry Brimer

1) I have a Server Poweredge Dell T100 with RHEL5 installed;
2) This Server is new and the hardware has been tested;
3) On this Server I have installed Oracle DB 11g R2;

I am connected to Server through Client in a little home Intranet, and all
work without problems.

But I realize that, in a short time, the server response time grow greatly,
and there is a remarkably deterrioration of performance and I-O.

Often, I must restart the server.

Someone has an idea o suggestion for me ?

What shows in dmesg and /var/log/messages?

I realize that you've tested the hardware. How have you tested it? Have
you run memtest86+ on this system? Have you run Dell Diagnostics on
this system? Does this problem occur when Oracle is not running, or only
when it is running?

Barry

Old 09-08-2010, 06:56 AM
"chaim rieger"

Are you using scanip ? (Virt ip/networking)

Old 09-08-2010, 11:33 PM
"Geofrey Rainey"

We have a similar issue and it's *always* the database, more
specifically it's the SQL code running in the database.

Are you an Oracle DBA? because you'll need to be to fix these sorts of
problems.

online at tvnz.co.nz

Old 09-09-2010, 05:26 AM
Nicosia Gaetano

Thank You to all

because you'll need to be to fix these sorts of problems.

Yes I am an Oracle DBA user.The deterioration of performance happen
specially during the I-O to DB or during the call to PHP pages that use
Oracle DB. How can I to fix the problem ?

What shows in dmesg and /var/log/messages?

No errors founded in dmesg and /var/log/messages

Have you run memtest86+ on this system? Have you run Dell Diagnostics on this system?

Yes. All tests are passed succefully.

Are you using scanip ? (Virt ip/networking)

Scanip report that all is correct.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Best Regards.

Gaetano

Old 09-09-2010, 05:53 AM
"Geofrey Rainey"

The first thing I'd do is ensure I have EM running (dbconsole or grid
control), this will tell you what the actual DB performance is like and
what queries are bad.

online at tvnz.co.nz