Old 08-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Matty Sarro

Default Rmmod persistance?

Greetings everyone!
I know that insmod and modprobe are both temporary and don't persist after a
reboot. However I haven't really seen whether or not rmmod is the same way.
Do modules removed from the running kernel persist or not?
I did check the manpage for both rmmod and modprobe and neither mentions
persistance.
-Matthew