Old 08-16-2010, 05:34 AM
nani

Default How to Detect Newly assigned Luns in Linux

Hi,

How to Detect Newly assigned luns in RHEL 5.2

Please let me know

Thanks and Regards,
Srinath

Old 08-16-2010, 06:44 AM
Mohd Irwan Jamaluddin

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 1:34 PM, nani <t.srinath05@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to Detect Newly assigned luns in RHEL 5.2
>
> Please let me know
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Srinath
> --

If you look at RHEL docs, it's as simple as in
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Online_Storage_Reconfiguration_Guide/index.html

>From my experience,
1) use hp_rescan utility if you're on HP Proliant
2) use qlogic utility if you're on IBM x-Series (my note:
http://blog.irwan.name/?p=1396)

Old 08-16-2010, 01:22 PM
"Kyle O'Donnell"

or rescan the bus the easy way

for bus in `find /sys/class/scsi_host -name "scan"`; do echo "- - -" >
$bus; done