Old 08-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Paul Crittenden

Default Cannot boot in graphics mode

I changed the ip address and hostname on a server running RHEL5.5 and now it will not boot into graphics mode. I can do a startx and go into graphics mode but not boot into it. Also, NTP will not connect. I am assuming I did not do something correctly when I changed the ip address and hostname.

Paul Crittenden
Computer Systems Manager
Simpson College
Indianola, Iowa
Direct: 515-961-1680 * optional:515-961-1681
www.simpson.edu<http://www.simpson.edu>

Old 08-03-2010, 07:20 PM

Paul Crittenden wrote:
> I changed the ip address and hostname on a server running RHEL5.5 and now
> it will not boot into graphics mode. I can do a startx and go into
> graphics mode but not boot into it. Also, NTP will not connect. I am
> assuming I did not do something correctly when I changed the ip address
> and hostname.

Is the new IP allowed through any firewalls? startx working sounds like
it's set to boot to runlevel 3 - check /etc/inittab.

mark