Old 08-03-2010, 06:00 AM
raj sourabh

Default Cluster help!!

Dear All,

I need your help on following;

Scenario: Two RHEL 5.5 servers connected by Cisco switch. IP's are
configured on same subnet.

Purpose: I need to set up ftp server using redhat clustered storage. (Files
should be reflected on both servers).. Note there is no external storage
device!! I need to put the file on server hard disks only when in
production..

Queries: 1. Can I configure cluster using above equipments??
2. I have installed ricci and luci on one server. and another server
contains ricci only. When I try to create cluster the process goes on
forever. I cant see any error.
3. No cluster.conf file is generated..
4. I have not installed anything other then ricci and luci on the server. Do
i need to install<http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/redhat-fedora-linux-help/167609-redhat-cluster-help.html#>redhat-cluster-software
also?? In one of the forum I read that If i install
luci thats enough.

Please suggest. I have gone through some
documents<http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/redhat-fedora-linux-help/167609-redhat-cluster-help.html#>also.
But confused.

What is the exact procedure for redhat clustering for common storage.?

Regards,
raj

Old 08-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Stephen Gilbert

Luci and ricci are used to manage the cluster. The actual cluster
software is cman and rgmanager. Are you looking to cluster for high
availability or high throughput? If you just need availability, so
you'll never need users to be using both nodes at the same time, then
I'd recommend drbd to keep the two in sync.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:38 AM
raj sourabh

Dear Stephen,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

My requirement is: I want to create FTP server on two redhat systems
running on cluster mode. Data should be replicated on both servers.

My status is: 1. Ricci installed on both servers
2. Luci installed on master system
3. When I try to create a cluster the process does not
finish successfully / process goes on forever
4. I can see the storage of both the systems (i.e.
Network part is through)

I have not installed anything other than ricci and luci.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Raj

Old 08-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Stephen Gilbert

I just recently built a RedHat 5.5 cluster. At a minimum, I think you
need to install cman and rgmanager. They're found on the last ISO from
RedHat. What type of cluster do you need? Do you need the cluster for
high availability, or to increase throughput (or both)? If you are
looking for high availability, then drbd will work. I say that because
with drbd, you can only mount the partition on one server at a time, so
in a high availability cluster using drbd, the node currently in charge
would mount the partition, and the standby node would be mirroring all
data realtime. If the main node fails, the secondary would then take
over and mount the partition. If you have need of having both nodes
online simultaneously, you'll either need some shared storage, or you'll
need to do something externally to keep the partitions in sync. A few
rsync commands run on a cron would do it, but of course the data
wouldn't be replicated in real time.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:31 PM
raj sourabh

Dear Stephen,

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your support.

So According to your mail I will try to setup high availability setup (with
drbd);

I am following these steps;

* Install ricci and luci (luci only on master system)
* Install cman ( On both systems)
*Install rgmanager(on both systems)
* install drbd( on both systems)
* Create cluster ( Without shared storage option as mirroring will be done
by drbd)
* configure FTP on both systems

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Raj

Old 08-06-2010, 04:27 PM
raj sourabh

Friends,

I am trying to start cman.. I get following error:

[root@server1 ~]# service cman start
Starting cluster:
Mounting configfs... done
Starting ccsd... done
Starting cman... failed
/usr/sbin/cman_tool: aisexec daemon didn't start
[FAILED]

/var/log/messages is like:

[root@server1 ~]# tail -f /var/log/messages| tee /tmp/log1.txt
Aug 6 20:34:11 server1 openais[5214]: [TOTEM] RRP mode set to none.
Aug 6 20:34:11 server1 openais[5214]: [TOTEM] heartbeat_failures_allowed
(0)
Aug 6 20:34:11 server1 openais[5214]: [TOTEM] max_network_delay (50 ms)
Aug 6 20:34:11 server1 openais[5214]: [TOTEM] HeartBeat is Disabled. To
enable set heartbeat_failures_allowed > 0
Aug 6 20:34:11 server1 openais[5214]: [TOTEM] Receive multicast socket recv
buffer size (320000 bytes).
Aug 6 20:34:11 server1 openais[5214]: [TOTEM] Transmit multicast socket
send buffer size (320000 bytes).
Aug 6 20:34:11 server1 openais[5214]: [TOTEM] The network interface
[192.168.1.3] is now up.
Aug 6 20:34:11 server1 openais[5214]: [TOTEM] Created or loaded sequence id
0.192.168.1.3 for this ring.
Aug 6 20:34:11 server1 openais[5214]: [TOTEM] entering GATHER state from
15.
Aug 6 20:34:19 server1 ccsd[4236]: Unable to connect to cluster
infrastructure after 330 seconds.
Aug 6 20:34:49 server1 ccsd[4236]: Unable to connect to cluster
infrastructure after 360 seconds.
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [MAIN ] AIS Executive Service RELEASE
'subrev 1887 version 0.80.6'
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [MAIN ] Copyright (C) 2002-2006
MontaVista Software, Inc and contributors.
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [MAIN ] Copyright (C) 2006 Red Hat,
Inc.
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [MAIN ] AIS Executive Service:
started and ready to provide service.
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [MAIN ] Using default multicast
address of 239.192.27.84
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] Token Timeout (10000 ms)
retransmit timeout (495 ms)
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] token hold (386 ms)
retransmits before loss (20 retrans)
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] join (60 ms) send_join (0 ms)
consensus (4800 ms) merge (200 ms)
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] downcheck (1000 ms) fail to
recv const (50 msgs)
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] seqno unchanged const (30
rotations) Maximum network MTU 1402
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] window size per rotation (50
messages) maximum messages per rotation (17 messages)
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] send threads (0 threads)
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] RRP token expired timeout
(495 ms)
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] RRP token problem counter
(2000 ms)
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] RRP threshold (10 problem
count)
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] RRP mode set to none.
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] heartbeat_failures_allowed
(0)
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] max_network_delay (50 ms)
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] HeartBeat is Disabled. To
enable set heartbeat_failures_allowed > 0
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] Receive multicast socket recv
buffer size (320000 bytes).
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] Transmit multicast socket
send buffer size (320000 bytes).
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] The network interface
[192.168.1.3] is now up.
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] Created or loaded sequence id
0.192.168.1.3 for this ring.
Aug 6 20:34:52 server1 openais[5295]: [TOTEM] entering GATHER state from
15.

[root@server1 ~]# less /tmp/log1.txt
[root@server1 ~]#

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Old 08-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Tanweer Noor

check your minimum hardware requirements.
make sure scsi/iscsi is working fine.

~ Tanweer
----

Old 08-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Stephen Gilbert

Have you installed openais? If so, is your /etc/ais/openais.conf correct?

Old 08-07-2010, 01:51 PM
raj sourabh

Hi,

Yes I have installed openais. And it is running fine. But the result is same
when I do
# service cman start
/usr/sbin/cman_tool: aisexec daemon didn't start
> [FAILED

Please help.

Regards

Old 08-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Tanweer Noor

follow below steps. let me know if you come across issues.

update openais to *openais-0.80.6-16.el5.x86_64.rpm*

service openais stop
groupadd ais
service cman restart

~Tanweer