Old 07-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Abhishek Aggarwal

Default Linux Server Leaving the Network

HI Guys
I am facing an issue in my organization. the issue is that the linux servers are leaving the network and* i had checked all the logs there is no such error which is mentioned in /var/log/messages/. kindly help me out as this issue has caused a lot of problem in my organization. Will be waiting for your reply
*
Thanks in Advance

Abhishek
RHCSS,CCNP

Old 07-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Dustin Larmeir

Define leaving the network. Are they just simply losing network
connectivity or is this service related? What type of network are you
on? Is it DHCP or static?

Old 07-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Barry Brimer

I am facing an issue in my organization. the issue is that the linux
servers are leaving the network and* i had checked all the logs there is
no such error which is mentioned in /var/log/messages/. kindly help me
out as this issue has caused a lot of problem in my organization. Will
be waiting for your reply * Thanks in Advance

Can you monitor link status on the switch via SNMP? How many machines are
we talking about? Do they all have the same model NIC? Are they all
plugged into the same switch? Are all the machines that have this problem
plugged into the same model of switch?

Old 07-30-2010, 05:11 AM
surendra kumar

My Dear

you do firstly reinstall the network driver by this method
copy the /etc/sysconfig/hwconf then remove the entry network device from
hwconf file then save the file and restart kudz or restart srever
reconfigure the network configurtion
ok do try if same problem the try to change network card

thanks
surendra kumar
cms comupter ltd
09838049896

Old 07-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Kurian Thayil

IP Conflict???????

Regards,

Kurian Thayil.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:29 PM
surendra kumar

this your problem manage the ip

thanks
surendra kumar
9838049896

Old 08-05-2010, 06:51 PM
"Mike Burger"

> IP Conflict???????

Thank you, Kurian...this is the first thing that came to mind for me, as
well.

> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 10:41 AM, surendra kumar
> <surendrak77@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> My Dear
>>
>> you do firstly reinstall the network driver by this method
>> copy the /etc/sysconfig/hwconf then remove the entry network device
>> from
>> hwconf file then save the file and restart kudz or restart srever
>> reconfigure the network configurtion
>> ok do try if same problem the try to change network card
>>
>> thanks
>> surendra kumar
>> cms comupter ltd
>> 09838049896
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Abhishek Aggarwal <
>> abhishekggrwl@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>>
>> > HI Guys
>> > I am facing an issue in my organization. the issue is that the linux
>> > servers are leaving the network and i had checked all the logs there
>> is
>> no
>> > such error which is mentioned in /var/log/messages/. kindly help me
>> out
>> as
>> > this issue has caused a lot of problem in my organization. Will be
>> waiting
>> > for your reply
>> >
>> > Thanks in Advance
>> >
>> > Abhishek