Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 PM
"Florez, Nestor"

Default Installing pirut

HI,

I am on a rhel 5 and I was updating my packages when my system-config-packages die

And then it was no more on my system. Now I need to install pirut.

When I tried to install the pirut rpm it gives me an error for dependency

rhn-setup. When I tried to install the rhn-setup rpm I get other dependencies

What is the easiest way to install pirut and have it pick up all the depencies?

Thanks

Néstor J

Old 07-28-2010, 09:34 PM
"Marti, Robert"

yum install pirut

I'd try to figure out why it went away myself.

Sent from my iPhone

Old 07-28-2010, 10:59 PM
"Florez, Nestor"

Yes, I tried that and I am getting a
"No package pirut available"

I can see the software packages for this server via rhn and it says that it has pirut.

Maybe, I should uninstall it and then install it again.

Thanks,

Old 07-28-2010, 11:31 PM
"Felipe Aranda G."

Hi Nestor,

if you have the package, try this:

yum localinstall pirut-1.3.28-17.el5

and yum will resolve dependencies.

Another thing you can do is clean the yum cache with

yum clean all

yum install pirut

Saludos,

Felipe Aranda G.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:55 PM
"Florez, Nestor"

Felipe

The package I have is pirut-1.3.28-17.el5.noarch and I got it from the rhel site

I did the "yum localinstall"
And it says
"Error missing dependency rhn-setup-gnome is needed by package pirut-1.3.28-17.el5.noarch
You could try using --skip-broken to work the problem
You could try running: package-cleanup --problem
Package-cleanup --dupes
Rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
The program package-cleanup is found in the yum-utils package"

I set it up to remove the package via the rhn and tomorrow I will try to install it again.

Gracias / Thanks

Néstor :-)

Old 07-29-2010, 07:15 AM
"bastian v.s"

Felipe

Try to fix it buy rpm installation download all missing dependency

and create a repository with createrepo command

then try again..

--
With Regard`s
Bastian V.S