Old 07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
"shaohua.fan"

Default R installation on red hat 5

Hi, all,
I want to know how you install the R package in Red Hat 5.

I tried to use "yum install R" but it does not work. I downloaded the
rpm from CRAN. But when I try to install it, it repeatly report
"perl(File::Copy::Recursive) is needed by R-core-2.10.0-2.el5.x86_64"
is required, although I have install the File::Copy::Recursive in the
system.

Thanks !

Shaohua Fan

Old 07-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Georgios Magklaras

I want to know how you install the R package in Red Hat 5.

I tried to use "yum install R" but it does not work. I downloaded the
rpm from CRAN. But when I try to install it, it repeatly report
"perl(File::Copy::Recursive) is needed by R-core-2.10.0-2.el5.x86_64"
is required, although I have install the File::Copy::Recursive in the
system.

Thanks !

Shaohua Fan

I normally compile from source, but if you really wish to use yum, you
can by enabling the EPEL (Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux)
repository in your RHEL 5 system:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

Assuming your architecture is x86_64, this is the package:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/x86_64/repoview/R.html

--
Best regards,
--

George Magklaras BSc (Hons) MPhil RHCE
IT Systems Manager/Senior Systems Engineer

http://www.biotek.uio.no
http://www.no.embnet.org
http://folk.uio.no/georgios

Old 07-22-2010, 03:30 PM
"shaohua.fan"

Thanks!

I have installed the R by the way you suggested.

Shaohua