Old 07-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Sir June

Default kickstart : physical volume

Hi,

How do i specify in the kickstart file to create a physical volume using 2 or 3 disks? I had used "part pv.01 --size=30000 --grow --ondisk=sda" for a single disk. I have 3 x 36GB hard disks and I want to use them all in one physical volume.

thanks,

Sir June

Old 07-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Eugene Jansen van Rensburg

Hi,

Firstly I hope I understand you correctly,

You can't have a physical volume created(spanned) over more than one
physical drive. What you need to do is the following:

Create pv1 on sda
create pv2 on sdb
create pv3 on sdc

create VolumeGroup1 and add your pv to it (using vgextend)

create LogicalVolume1 inside VolumeGroup1

>From there partition your LV1

Well that is the theory unfortunately I'm not sure how to do it in a
kickstart file but this should give you a idea.

hope it helps
--

*Eugene Jansen van Rensburg*
eMail: eugenejvr@gmail.com