Old 06-20-2010, 01:57 PM
aix tiger

Default Disk Based replication and automated site takeover solution

Guys
*
I was in a situation to find out an automated site recovery solution for red hat enterprise Linux and simply disappointed with the fact that for any unknown reaosn , Red Hat Linux dont have any known solution for disk based replication on TCPIP.
*
On the other hand , Suse Enterprise Linux is still using DRBD/HA combination to give such kind of solution known as Suse Enterprise Linux high availaibility extension
*
Now my question is that how i can build similar solution for red hat ( especially on IBM POWER)....I know on intel , we can do using SRM from Vmware , but this capability is coming from VMWARE not from red hat itself?
*
Can GFS be used for this purpose ? any ideas?
*
Any webslink, experience and doc are highly appreciable!!

Regards