-   -   MISSING: system-config-packages (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/384262-missing-system-config-packages.html)

"Florez, Nestor" 06-10-2010 06:16 PM

MISSING: system-config-packages

I am missing the system -config-packages

I was running the command and I got an error that kick me out to the gui

Then I try rung system-config-packages and I am not because this tool is

not longer on my server.

I tried yum install system-config-packages and I get "nothing to do"

How or where do I install system-config-packages from?

Thanks,

NÚstor J

"Marti, Robert" 06-10-2010 06:27 PM

MISSING: system-config-packages

There is no system-config-packages in RHEL5.

[root@lnxjump01 ~]# yum search system-config-
Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security
=========================== Matched: system-config- ===========================
system-config-httpd.noarch : Apache configuration tool
dnssec-conf.noarch : DNSSEC and DLV configuration and priming tool
policycoreutils-gui.i386 : SELinux configuration GUI
system-config-audit.i386 : Utility for editing audit configuration
system-config-bind.noarch : The Red Hat BIND DNS Configuration Tool.
system-config-boot.i386 : A graphical interface for configuring the boot loader
system-config-cluster.noarch : system-config-cluster is a utility which allows you to manage cluster configuration in a graphical setting.
system-config-date.noarch : A graphical interface for modifying system date and time
system-config-display.noarch : A graphical interface for configuring the X Window System display
system-config-kdump.noarch : A graphical interface for configuring kernel crash dumping
system-config-keyboard.noarch : A graphical interface for modifying the keyboard
system-config-kickstart.noarch : A graphical interface for making kickstart files.
system-config-language.noarch : A graphical interface for modifying the system language
system-config-lvm.noarch : A utility for graphically configuring Logical Volumes.
system-config-netboot.noarch : network booting/install configuration utility (GUI)
system-config-netboot-cmd.noarch : network booting/install configuration utility
system-config-network.noarch : The GUI of the NEtwork Adminstration Tool
system-config-network-tui.noarch : The NEtwork Adminstration Tool
system-config-nfs.noarch : NFS server configuration tool
system-config-printer.i386 : A printer administration tool
system-config-printer-libs.i386 : Common code for the graphical and non-graphical pieces.
system-config-rootpassword.noarch : A graphical interface for modifying the rootpassword
system-config-samba.noarch : Samba server configuration tool
system-config-securitylevel.i386 : A graphical interface for modifying the system security level
system-config-securitylevel-tui.i386 : A text interface for modifying the system security level
system-config-services.noarch : system-config-services is an initscript and xinetd configuration utility
system-config-soundcard.noarch : A graphical interface for detecting and configuring soundcards
system-config-users.noarch : A graphical interface for administering users and groups

Rob Marti

Robert Freeman-Day 06-10-2010 06:28 PM

MISSING: system-config-packages

"Florez, Nestor" 06-10-2010 06:39 PM

MISSING: system-config-packages

I installed 4 RHEL 5 systems and 3 of them have it install.

How did I get them, all I was to install from the RHEL 5 DVD

"Florez, Nestor" 06-10-2010 06:44 PM

MISSING: system-config-packages

The system that does not have system-config-packages I get:
Loaded plugins: security
system-config-rootpassword-1.1.9.1-1.noarch : A graphical interface for
: modifying the rootpassword
Repo : installed
Matched from:
Filename : /usr/share/system-config-rootpassword/passwordDialog.pyo
Filename : /usr/share/locale/pt/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-rootpassword.mo
Filename : /usr/share/system-config-rootpassword/pixmaps/system-config-rootpa
ssword.png

--------------------

The system that has it, I get:
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, rhnplugin
system-config-securitylevel-1.6.29.1-1.el5.x86_64 : A graphical interface for
...: modifying the system security level
Repo : rhel-x86_64-server-5
Matched from:
Filename : /usr/share/locale/el/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-securitylevel.mo
Filename : /usr/share/locale/my/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-securitylevel.mo
Filename : /usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-securitylevel.mo
Filename : /usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-securitylevel.mo
Filename : /usr/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-securitylevel.mo
Filename : /usr/share/locale/lv/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-securitylevel.mo
Filename : /usr/share/locale/ur/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-securitylevel.mo
Filename : /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-securitylevel.mo