Old 06-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Sir June

Default httpd / cgi-bin

I have a webserver with httpd 2.2.3, running as user "apache". my users/developers wants to run some perl/cgi programs but im hesitant to give them access to cgi-bin directory? how do i let them run their scripts?

thanks,

Sir June

Old 06-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Stephen Gilbert

You can add a cgi-script handler such as

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

telling apache that anything ending in .cgi is a script. Then, add

ExecCGI

to their Options under their Directory tag.

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Sir June <sir_june@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a webserver with httpd 2.2.3, running as user "apache". my
> users/developers wants to run some perl/cgi programs but im hesitant to give
> them access to cgi-bin directory? how do i let them run their scripts?
>
> thanks,
>
> Sir June

Stephen Gilbert
RHCE - 804006953620491

Old 06-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Yusuf

put ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ at your user's directory at httpd.conf or
user's virtual setting.

Yusuf

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 12:10:06 -0700 (PDT)

Yusuf <mye@bali.to>

Old 06-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Sir June

It's been a while since i updated my old Fedora 8. Don't ask why i still has it.

# yum -y update
updates | 2.6 kB 00:00
Setting up Update Process
No Packages marked for Update

Is Fedora8 unsupported now?

thanks,

Sir June

Old 06-14-2010, 12:55 PM
"Marti, Robert"

Long since unsupported. F11 is on its way out, and 12 and 13 are the current best options. Rebuild the box.

Rob Marti

Old 06-14-2010, 03:12 PM