Old 05-28-2010, 10:59 AM
yaşar tunçez

Default rhel 5 adduser xxxx adduser: unable to lock password file

Hi,

I cannot create new user with adduser : adduser: unable to lock password
file .
But I can create new user with gui tool.

I delete .pwd.lock, but not fixed.

Thanks.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:23 PM

> Hi,
>
> I cannot create new user with adduser : adduser: unable to lock password
> file .
> But I can create new user with gui tool.
>
> I delete .pwd.lock, but not fixed.

Were you doing it as root, or sudo?

mark

Old 06-04-2010, 01:04 PM
yaşar tunçez

Were you doing it as root, or sudo?

> mark

I doing it as root. I can do it with system-config-user (redhat user add gui
).