Old 05-26-2010, 09:22 AM
James Corteciano

Default logrotate - directory

Sorry, I was not clear. This is my scenario.

I have the following:

[server]# ls /var/log/syslog/mysql1/
2010.05.01/filename{1,2}.log
2010.05.02/filename{1,2}.log
2010.05.03/filename{1,2}.log
2010.05.04/filename{1,2}.log
2010.05.05/filename{1,2}.log

Question, how can I logrotate those directory that first compress, then the
retention period is 6 months? The archive logs will be remove after 6
months.

Thanks.

James