Old 05-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Sir June

Default LVM on kickstart

Hi,

I have RHEL5 and i had installed system-config-kickstart. I fired up the configurator via GUI to create a new ks file but there is no option to configure LVM (PV and LV)? something i missed to install?

Sir June

Old 05-20-2010, 02:46 PM
"Whitney, Matthew"

There is not an option in the system-config-kickstart tool. You can open the kiskstart file that it creates and modify the partitioning. The following will create a physical volume called "pv_root" with a size of 2Gb, a volume group called "vg_root", and a two logical volumes "lv_root" and "lv_home" (each with a size of 1Gb).

part pv_root --size=2048
volgroup vg_root pv_root
logvol / --fstype ext3 --name=lv_root --vgname=vg_root --size=1024
logvol /home --fstype ext3 --name=lv_home --vgname=vg_root --size=1024

You can also use the "--grow" option on the part command to grow the physical volume to the max available size on the disk.

There is also the option of running a manual install and then copy the /root/anaconda.ks file to the kickstart server. Then you can edit that file to create custom installs.

Hope this helps,
Matt Whitney