Old 05-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Troy Knabe

Default 500GB USB Drive

I have an External 500Gb USB Drive and a new server that came w/out a DVD drive. I have been unable to find instructions to create an install disk that will boot and install RHEL 5.5?

--
Troy Knabe
knabe@4j.lane.edu

Old 05-12-2010, 05:40 PM
"Ward, Michael"

Create a bootable USB. Search for it on the web.

http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/rhel5/installation_guide/rhel5_ch02s04.html

Your BIOS must support booting from a USB device in order for this boot method to work.

Regards,
Michael