Old 05-12-2010, 05:34 AM
"Bob Sauvage"

Default LVS or Failover : OpenAIS & Pacemaker

Hello people !

I work on Redhat 5 and I want to make a simple failover on my Web server. What is the best solution ?

I read some articles about LVS but is it possible to make a failover with it ? I know it is possible to make a load balancing in round robin, but I saw nothing about a simple failover with it.

If it is not possible with LVS, I know OpenAIS & Pacemaker. Is it the best solution ?

My project is : If my web server 1 is down, the second take the relay and all the customer requests are redirected to him. (With or without a director)

Thanks a lot for your help !

Old 05-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Nicolas Ferragu

Hello Bob,

Not sure LVS can do it well without director and even with director
regarding the mailings lists and its maturity.
Any cluster solution like Pacemaker won't tread your persistents
connections.

I may invite you to consider HA proxy, which can do layer 4 & 7 HA.
see http://haproxy.1wt.eu/

--

Groupe La Poste

Nicolas Ferragu

Architecte SI
Direction de la Production, Service A2I

*CSP* - CENTRE DE SERVICES PARTAGES
DSICORP - DIRECTION DES SYSTEMES
D'INFORMATION CORPORATE

19 BD GASTON DOUMERGUE
44262 NANTES CEDEX 2
Tl. : 02 51 84 49 43
nicolas.ferragu@laposte.fr <mailto:nicolas.ferragu@laposte.fr>
www.laposte.fr <http://www.laposte.fr>
Adresse visiteur : Immeuble Atlantica

Post-scriptum La Poste

Ce message est confidentiel. Sous reserve de tout accord conclu par
ecrit entre vous et La Poste, son contenu ne represente en aucun cas un
engagement de la part de La Poste. Toute publication, utilisation ou
diffusion, meme partielle, doit etre autorisee prealablement. Si vous
n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci d'en avertir immediatement
l'expediteur.