Old 03-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Yong Huang

Default rpm -qa and architecture info

`rpm -qa' shows the package names (and versions and releases). This command

rpm -qa --qf '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE} (%{ARCH})
'

shows that plus architecture. Is there a shorter command that does the same, i.e. shows name, version, release and arch? It's hard to remember and type that long line. I want something like

rpm -qa [a simple option that shows arch IN ADDITION TO what the preceding option i.e. -qa shows]

Yong Huang

Old 03-09-2010, 06:36 PM

> `rpm -qa' shows the package names (and versions and releases). This
> command
>
> rpm -qa --qf '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE} (%{ARCH})
'

> shows that plus architecture. Is there a shorter command that does the
> same, i.e. shows name, version, release and arch? It's hard to remember
> and type that long line. I want something like
>
> rpm -qa [a simple option that shows arch IN ADDITION TO what the preceding
> option i.e. -qa shows]

A one-line shell script? Or an alias?

mark, lr="ls -laFrt"