Old 03-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Margaret Doll

Default Problems with numa -email problem solved

I removed rhn-virtualization-host from the system. The emails have
stopped.

On Mar 5, 2010, at 5:32 PM, Margaret Doll wrote:

I added "numa=off" on the kernel line in grub.conf. I am running
2.6.18-164.11.1.el5.

I renamed the executables for numactl so they could not be found.

/usr/bin/numactl-bad
/usr/bin/numademo-bad
/usr/bin/numastat-bad

I rebooted successfully, but the messages keep coming every two
minutes.

I can't delete numactl.

rpm -e numactl
error: Failed dependencies:
libnuma.so.1 is needed by (installed) libvirt-0.6.3-20.1.el5_4.i386
[root@hurricane ~]#

I need email reports such as logwatch and our backup reports, so I
can't turn off

sendmail.

What other options are available?

Begin forwarded message: