Old 03-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Kenneth Holter

Default Protecting the bindpw in /etc/ldap.conf

Hi.

We're about to set up our RHEL servers to authenticate againts Active
Directory (AD) 2008. I'd like to protect the binding user password (i.e.
bindpw) so that regulars users can't get hold of it. Are others doing this
too, or does one not consider this as a security issue? If protecting it,
how to you set up this?

Best regards,
Kenneth Holter