Old 03-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Vitaliy Gorbatyuk

Default remote logout of the local login

Hi,

We have a linux box with multiple user accounts. I logged in locally at this office box, went home and now I need to logout from my account so that another user can login into the box locally. Can I logout remotely from my local login session? "Googling" it gives me suggestion to use "skill -KILL -u myloginname". I did not try it yet. Is there some other way?

Thank you,

VOV

Old 03-03-2010, 04:06 AM
Joy Methew

U should kill the process.get ur user process from "ps -aux| grep username"
than kill process.

i think it should be work.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Cliff

Not sure the TTY process lists the user name you could check /var/log/
secure and see which TTY your logged into then like the previous
poster said kill the process

Sent from my iPhone