Old 03-02-2010, 08:39 PM
unix syzadmin

Default Determine FC adapter details in Linux.

Hi,

We have RHEL AS3 running on dell hardware.

Please suggest How can I determine the number of FC (Fibre Channel)
adapters, their type and WWN numbers?

Thanks

Old 03-02-2010, 08:46 PM
cliff here

lspci ?

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 4:39 PM, unix syzadmin <unixsyzadmin@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have RHEL AS3 running on dell hardware.
>
> Please suggest How can I determine the number of FC (Fibre Channel)
> adapters, their type and WWN numbers?
>
> Thanks

NOTICE: This message, including all attachments, is intended for the use of
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to its intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
immediately by replying "Received in error" and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 PM
unix syzadmin

Thanks.
Seems like it is a qlogic... not sure how to determine if it is a single
port, dual port etc.
Also not sure how to determine the WWN numbers. Please suggest.

# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Broadcom CMIC-HE (rev 22)
00:00.1 Host bridge: Broadcom CMIC-HE
00:00.2 Host bridge: Broadcom CMIC-HE
00:00.3 Host bridge: Broadcom CMIC-HE
00:03.0 SCSI storage controller: Adaptec AIC-7892P U160/m (rev 02)
00:04.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage XL (rev 27)
00:0f.0 Host bridge: Broadcom CSB5 South Bridge (rev 93)
00:0f.1 IDE interface: Broadcom CSB5 IDE Controller (rev 93)
00:0f.2 USB Controller: Broadcom OSB4/CSB5 OHCI USB Controller (rev 05)
00:0f.3 ISA bridge: Broadcom CSB5 LPC bridge
00:10.0 Host bridge: Broadcom CIOB30 (rev 03)
00:10.2 Host bridge: Broadcom CIOB30 (rev 03)
00:11.0 Host bridge: Broadcom CIOB30 (rev 03)
00:11.2 Host bridge: Broadcom CIOB30 (rev 03)
00:12.0 Host bridge: Broadcom CIOB30 (rev 03)
00:12.2 Host bridge: Broadcom CIOB30 (rev 03)
03:01.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID (rev 01)
08:01.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5700 Gigabit
Ethernet (rev 14)
08:02.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5700 Gigabit
Ethernet (rev 14)
13:01.0 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp. ISP2312-based 2Gb Fibre Channel to PCI-X
HBA (rev 02)
18:01.0 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp. ISP2312-based 2Gb Fibre Channel to PCI-X
HBA (rev 02)

Thanks.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:11 AM
Eugene Vilensky

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 4:24 PM, unix syzadmin <unixsyzadmin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks.
> Seems like it is a qlogic... not sure how to determine if it is a single
> port, dual port etc.
> Also not sure how to determine the WWN numbers. *Please suggest.

Try not to top post. on RHEL3, try # cat /proc/scsi/[driver]/[node]

for example:

# cat /proc/scsi/qla2200/1

QLogic PCI to Fibre Channel Host Adapter for QLA22xx:
Firmware version: 2.02.06, Driver version 7.07.04b6
Entry address = f8851060
HBA: QLA2200 , Serial# B45777
[snip]
SCSI Device Information:
scsi-qla0-adapter-node=200000e08b027139;
scsi-qla0-adapter-port=210000e08b027139;
scsi-qla0-target-0=500a098397b96cd0;

SCSI LUN Information:
(Id:Lun) * - indicates lun is not registered with the OS.
( 0: 0): Total reqs 10194863, Pending reqs 0, flags 0x0, 0:0:81,