Old 03-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Sumanth V

Default Need help on HAL fdi policy for access control

Hi,

I have a requirement of mounting an external usb with NTFS filesystem and
allowing restricting its access only to the console user(even restricting
access to a single group is fine). I have installed ntfs-3g and fuse and am
able to mount the usb by using the below fdi policy. However, I want to
restrict access to a single user or a group. Is there anything that I'm
missing here. I did search on the internet, but couldn't find anything in
this regard. I even made changes to the /etc/dbus-1/system.d/hal.conf file
by going through the documentation. But still I am not able to get the
desired result. I am using RHEL 5.4 64 bit machine. Any help in this regard
is highly appreciated.

fdi policy -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->

<!-- This .fdi files makes sure that normal users are able to write
to a automatically mounted USB drive -->

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
<device>
<match key="volume.fstype" string="ntfs">
<match key="@block.storage_device:storage.hotpluggable" bool="true">
<merge key="volume.fstype" type="string">ntfs-3g</merge>
<merge key="volume.policy.mount_filesystem" type="string">ntfs-3g</merge>
</match>
</match>
</device>
</deviceinfo>