Old 02-27-2010, 07:31 AM
ESGLinux

Default wich disks belongs to which disk controller

Hi all,

I have access via ssh to a new server (which I haven't mounted) and it has 2
disk controller and nine disks. All of them form a big logical volume. I'll
like to know which disks belong to each disk controller.
Perhaps with the command pvdisplay and see the names of the devices? I'm not
sure if this is right or there is another better way to see it.

In general, the details of this server are unkown for me, so, wich is the
better way to list ALL the hardware to know about it? (something like hwinfo
command....)

thanks in advance

ESG

Old 02-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Eugene Vilensky

> In general, the details of this server are unkown for me, so, wich is the
> better way to list ALL the hardware to know about it? (something like hwinfo
> command....)

dmidecode if you've a recent version. After than, install the vendor
RAID utility that is appropriate in order to see the underlying
physical devices that make up the logical drive.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:59 AM
ESGLinux

Thanks Eugene,

IŽll try it,