Old 02-26-2010, 12:56 AM
Alan A

Default GFS and I/O

I made /var/www gfs shared so I could share cgi-bin directory among cluster
nodes. Yesterday we tested this out and failed. Users complained about slow
page execution and I noticed with 'lsof /var/www/cgi-bin' command that many
executable files are listing as open files. This brings me to a question -
Does GFS treat executable files same as files open for read / write?

Unrelated to previous question, what GFS parameters can I tune with
'gfs_tool settune /volumename' to get better I/O? I am dealing with single
threaded application that has a lot of I/O, mostly opens files for writing.

--
Alan A.