Old 02-25-2010, 06:05 PM

Default Variable within syslinux.cfg file

I'm making my own boot & installation CD/ThumbDrive for RHEL5 - I'm having
fun doing some very cool things and all is going quite well.

I have multiple kickstart files on my NFS server and would like to be pass
a variable a the boot: prompt that can pickup and substituted in the
load string. In this example, at the boot prompt I would like to enter
something like:

boot: custom ks61.cfg

in the syslinux.cfg file the kickstart "append" would pickup this variable
(using $1 for this example)

ks=nfs:10.10.10.100:/RHEL5/$1

and the $1 would be substituted with ks61.cfg so the results would be

ks=nfs:10.10.10.100:/RHEL5/ks61.cfg

Is this possible? Any ideas where I can go looking & learning?

TIA - Steve