Old 02-25-2010, 08:53 PM
cliff here

Default System crash

Thought about that, i turned it off.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 4:48 PM, <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:

> > here is my /var/log/audit.log file
> >
> > type=USER_LOGIN msg=audit(1267133127.780:27472): user pid=3414 uid=0
> > auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295
> subj=system_u:system_r:xdm_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023
> > msg='uid=0: exe="/usr/libexec/gdm-session-worker" hostname=? addr=?
> > terminal=/dev/tty7 res=failed'
> <snip>
> Oh - is selinux on, and enforcing?

NOTICE: This message, including all attachments, is intended for the use of
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to its intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
immediately by replying "Received in error" and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:04 PM
cliff here

hrrm.. so let me revisit my previous statement...

root login through tty7 results a failed login

user login through tty7 results success, but the screen flickers and dumps
back out to the login prompt

Old 02-25-2010, 09:32 PM

> group -gdm:x:479:
> passwd - gdm:x:42:479::/var/lib/gdm:/sbin/nologin

I think you might want to change the gid for gdm.

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 4:48 PM, cliff here <c4ifford@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> so your saying to remove the gdm (it does exist) user and group

>>> any
>>>
>>> Right, it's only logging other users than root.
>>>
>>> Here's a thought: as root, first see if gdm is already in /etc/passwd,
>>> and
>>> if gdm, gid 42 exists. If not, it looks as though it's supposed to be

Old 02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
cliff here

change the gid id to what 42?

Old 02-26-2010, 02:41 PM

Cliff wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 5:32 PM, <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:
>
>> > group -gdm:x:479:
>> > passwd - gdm:x:42:479::/var/lib/gdm:/sbin/nologin
>> >
>> I think you might want to change the gid for gdm.
>>
> change the gid id to what 42?

Yeah - the numbers under 100 being reserved for system groups. I don't
*know* that it will help, but it seems reasonable. Actually, on second
thought, it seems odd to me that it *wasn't* installed that way by the
package.

mark