Old 02-24-2010, 04:57 PM

Default Apache on ES5 not recognizing DocumentRoot -- this is an install problem

> Hi,
>
> I installed ES5 on a brand new box and ported over my document store and
> config files from a Fedora Core 7 box. If I bring up apache pointed to
> itıs
> initial default DocumentRoot, /var/www/html, all is fine. But the
> DocumentRoot we use is /var/apache/html and just as it was on the Fedora
> Core system, /var/apache is a mount point, and Apache errs out on
> start-up:
>
> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 282 of
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
> DocumentRoot must be a directory
<snip>
So, what does /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, line 282 read?

mark

Old 02-24-2010, 05:13 PM

Rob wrote:
> On 2/24/10 9:57 AM, "m.roth@5-cent.us" <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:
>>>
>>> I installed ES5 on a brand new box and ported over my document store
>>> and config files from a Fedora Core 7 box. If I bring up apache
>>> pointed to its initial default DocumentRoot, /var/www/html, all is
>>> fine. But the DocumentRoot we use is /var/apache/html and just as it
>>> was on the Fedora Core system, /var/apache is a mount point, and Apache
>>> errs out on start-up:
>>>
>>> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 282 of
>>> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
>>> DocumentRoot must be a directory
>> <snip>
>> So, what does /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, line 282 read?
>
> DocumentRoot "/var/apache/html"

Ok, I just googled on apache linux "document root must be a directory",
and found this thread
<http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27007>, which suggests it's
an selinux problem indeed. I assume you've got selinux enforcing?

mark