Old 02-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Rob Tanner

Default Apache on ES5 not recognizing DocumentRoot -- this is an install problem

Hi,

I installed ES5 on a brand new box and ported over my document store and
config files from a Fedora Core 7 box. If I bring up apache pointed to itıs
initial default DocumentRoot, /var/www/html, all is fine. But the
DocumentRoot we use is /var/apache/html and just as it was on the Fedora
Core system, /var/apache is a mount point, and Apache errs out on start-up:

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 282 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
DocumentRoot must be a directory

The system can see /var/apache/html and read any file in any directory
under /var/apache/html and so can an unprivileged user. Is there some
default ES5 system setting that needs to be changed to allow Apache to see
the mounted system? Is this an SELinux issue of some sort?

Thanks,
Rob