Old 02-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Nicosia Gaetano

Default Flashplayer installation

Hi to All,

this is my "scenario".

1) Xeon machine 64 bit
2) RHEL 5.4 installed
3) Firefox 3.0.12 installed

When the browser start, my home page require flashplayer. If I use the
automatic installation, this fails.

I have tried to install manually, following some articles and tutorials,
unsuccessfully.

Have You an idea ?

It is possible install the plugin for all the users ?

Thank You and Best Regards

Gaetano

Old 02-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Cliff

Install the repo from the yum install from adobe

The yum install nspluginwrapper flashplugin

Then here is what guides don't say you need to copy the
libflashplayer.so from lib directory to ~/.mozilla

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 23, 2010, at 4:28 AM, Nicosia Gaetano <nicosia.gaetano@moonsoft.it

Old 02-23-2010, 02:01 PM
cliff here

You might also want to upgrade your version of Firefox

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 8:09 AM, Cliff <c4ifford@gmail.com> wrote:

> Install the repo from the yum install from adobe
>
> The yum install nspluginwrapper flashplugin
>
> Then here is what guides don't say you need to copy the libflashplayer.so
> from lib directory to ~/.mozilla
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>

> On Feb 23, 2010, at 4:28 AM, Nicosia Gaetano <nicosia.gaetano@moonsoft.it>
> wrote:
>
> Hi to All,
>>
>> this is my "scenario".
>>
>> 1) Xeon machine 64 bit
>> 2) RHEL 5.4 installed
>> 3) Firefox 3.0.12 installed
>>
>> When the browser start, my home page require flashplayer. If I use the
>> automatic installation, this fails.
>>
>> I have tried to install manually, following some articles and tutorials,
>> unsuccessfully.
>>
>> Have You an idea ?
>>
>> It is possible install the plugin for all the users ?
>>
>> Thank You and Best Regards
>>
>> Gaetano
>>
>> --

NOTICE: This message, including all attachments, is intended for the use of
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to its intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
immediately by replying "Received in error" and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Nicosia Gaetano

Hi Cliff,

Thank You for reply. Flashplugin is installed correcty.

In effect, I have tried to upgrade Firefox to version 3,6, but with
disastrous results. Have You a suggestion ?

Second question: I have a same problem in order to upgrade java runtime
to 1.6.x. I need this version, in order to use a PHP development Framework.

I have tried to install java from the source, but don't run with firefox.

Have You an idea ?

Thank You and Best Regards

Gaetano

Old 02-24-2010, 03:03 PM
cliff here

So you resolved your flash player issue?

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:58 AM, Nicosia Gaetano <