Old 02-04-2009, 11:08 AM
"debu"

Default kernal max FD issuse

Guys, i was troubleshootng one issue where my open file descriptors gets choked, with 0 free fd's to allot, a typical scenario with 20+ name based virtual hosts *2(access+ error logs), so was a great pick in no of opne file for simultaneous 1000+ connectiosn!!!. anyway.. i could tackle that by increasing fd's and implementing one common container for acccess and error logs and spliting and rotating them night with apache split_log.

now while doing so i came through one server where i have

cat /proc/sys/fs/file-nr
0 0 3226924

in what scenario this scan happen? Why it is showing zero(0)? for # Number of allocated file handles and Number of used file handles
i have 32 GB RAM RHEL 5.1, 64 bit.

any hint/pointer will be highly appreciated...

~Thanks.
Debu

Old 02-06-2009, 05:23 AM
"debu"

Anyone any idea on this please?

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:44:24 +0530 wrote